Rules for Practices and Meets
It is important that our children as swim team members are aware that the pool rules, which are in effect to maintain our safety, apply to all swimmers at all times.
WHEN THE POOL IS NOT OPEN…
- Only scheduled practicing swimmers are allowed on the lower pool deck.
- Swimmers waiting for the next scheduled practice should remain on the “upper level” (under the shelter or near the upper level picnic area).
- Parents and siblings should remain on the “upper level.”
- Swimming of any kind, either in the baby pool or main pool, is not permitted prior to the official opening time. Before the pool opens, no lifeguard is on duty. Therefore it is a matter of safety and liability. If you have any questions concerning basic pool safety rules, please contact a lifeguard or the pool manager.
FOR ALL PRACTICES AND MEETS…
- Swimmers must be on time for scheduled practices and meet warm-ups.
- Disruptive conduct of any kind (profanity, unsportsmanlike conduct, refusing to participate, lack of cooperation, etc.) will result in dismissal from the practice or swim meet.
Coaches are available to give private swim lessons at the pool for an additional charge. This is a great opportunity to get focused attention on improving specific strokes, dives, and turns. Please contact them directly if your swimmer needs that little bit of extra attention. These swim lessons are outwith the swim team and specific arrangements will be a private matter between you and the coach.